Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More brush pen drawings

Last winter while I was working on my shader I left my car sitting all alone in subzero temperatures and by the time I remembered I should probably be driving it at least a little it had stopped speaking to me. When my parents came to visit me bearing gifts of chocolate and jumper cables we wound up having to jump-start my car three times before it would hold enough of a charge to start on its own.

After the third time we decided we'd have to take it out on the highway to... well, to do whatever cars do at high speeds to recharge their batteries, I don't know I'm not a car mechanic. Anyway we wound up driving up to Lake Macbride and I got some good practice doing nature sketches with my brush pen.

Boat on Lake Macbride

Lake Macbride Geese

I disturbed a pair of geese that were trying to nest on the beach. They waded out into the water and floated in place a few yards away as I walked down along the sand.

Lake Macbride Geese

They spent some time honking huffily at me as I drew them but when they decided I probably wasn't leaving they floated away.

Lake Macbride Geese

This was apparently just a small part of the lake. Boats kept going by, though I couldn't really see where they were coming from or going to.

Lake Macbride

When we got back from the lake my car had started starting again, so it turned out to be a pleasant and productive afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I like these! Brush pens are nifty. You could make your car happy by driving to the park again sometime for more sketching.

    ReplyDelete